- Clinical work since 1992
- Private practice since 2002
- Taught anger management classes at Clark Community College
- Past adjunct professor for undergraduate psychology classes at Washington State – Vancouver
- Past supervisor and adjunct professor for George Fox University’s Master’s in Counseling Program.
- Past Adjunct professor for graduate classes at Pacific University, George Fox University, Lewis and Clark College and Oregon Health Science University (OHSU’s Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program).
Past relationship columnist for Portland Bride and Groom Magazine
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Washington state and Oregon
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist in Washington state
- AAMFT approved supervisor
- AAMFT clinical member
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PsyD) from Pacific University
- Masters of Art in Human Development and Family Studies with Marital and Family Therapy (LMFT) specialization from University of Connecticut
- Bachelors of Art in Psychology and Sociology from University of Oregon
- APA approved Psych Internship in South Boston at South Shore Mental Health
- Doctoral Dissertation on Conflict Resolution Through Acceptance in Happily Married Couples
Experience with Children
- Provided psychological testing for children entering into foster care and coordinated care for future treatment
- Worked in Early Intervention for children 0-3 years old assessing for developmental delays such as autism, Asperger’s, spina bifida, cerebral palsy, and speech and motor delays and provided services for parents coping with diagnosis of child
- Case worker for developmental delayed parents raising normal IQ children
- School therapist coordinating with teachers, administrators, school counselors, psychologists, nurse and specialists for children with:
– Learning disabilities, ADHD, depression
– Health impairments, developmental disability, bowel and urination issues at school
– Obsessive compulsive disorder, Tourette’s
– Social anxiety, bullying, fire setting, stealing, assault, sexual trauma, divorce, grief, separation anxiety, domestic violence, and defiance
Experience with Families
- Trained in Medical Family Therapy – worked at physician’s residency training hospital and coordinated treatment with physician on every case due to health status of my clients-such as HIV, AIDS, HTLV-I, cancer, diabetes, chronic pain, lupus, etc. Focused on emotional and psychological side of issue while physician worked on medical issues-mind body connection.
- Trained and facilitated groups for court mandated domestic violent male offenders as well as did research on data.
- Worked at six different community mental health centers providing individual child and adult therapy, family and group therapy.
- Provided community consultation by giving presentations on neurological disorders such as Tourette’s, ADHD, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.